Heart Disease Kills More Women Than All Cancers Combined
Women need to know the true, hard facts about their greatest killer. They need to know that women’s heart disease symptoms are frequently different from or more subtle than men’s. Help us educate the women in your life by talking about the unique symptoms of heart disease with them and sharing the facts.
Here are 5 shocking facts on women’s heart disease:
1. 1 in 36 women die of breast cancer; 1 in 3 women die of heart disease.
2. Heart disease kills one woman nearly every 80 seconds.
3. Heart disease and stroke claim nearly 400,000 women’s lives each year.
4. Women are 50% more likely to be given a wrong diagnosis after a heart attack.
5. 64% of women who die suddenly of coronary heart disease have no prior symptoms.